West Virginia LibShare
Borrowing items has never been easier with West Virginia LibShare! West Virginia LibShare is a library consortium comprised of Clarksburg-Harrison, Bridgeport, and Marion County Public Libraries. Through West Virginia LibShare, patrons are able to utilize and borrow materials from all three libraries with just their home library card!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Library Consortium?
- A library consortium is a group of libraries who collaborate to share resources, expertise, and broaden the amount of materials available to their patrons.
- Do I need a library card for each library?
- No! You just need one card. You can use your CHPL library card at the Bridgeport Public Library and Marion County Public Library, and vice versa.
- Can I pick up books from other member libraries at my preferred library?
- Yes! You can place items on hold from any of the libraries in our consortium, and pick them up wherever is most convenient to you.
- How often do holds arrive from the other libraries?
- Materials from the other West Virginia LibShare libraries arrive on Mondays and Thursdays, unless we are closed for a holiday or inclement weather. We recommend placing your hold at least a day in advance to ensure it arrives on the designated day.
- How do you place a hold on a book from the Bridgeport Public Library or Marion County Public Library?
- A big part of West Virginia LibShare is that we share an online catalog, so you can place a hold the same way you would with a title available at CHPL! For more information about placing holds, please click here.
- What is my pin number?
- Your pin number is typically the last 4 digits of your library card number
- How do I get a library card?
- Signing up for a library card is easy and free! Simply fill out the online registration form, visit the library’s Patron Service Window, or call the library at (304) 627-2236.